Tossed Greek Salad Recipe
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 87 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tossed Greek Salad
"I have been making this salad for over 10 years! Family and friends love for me to make it! I do use Kalamata Olives instead of black olives for added yumminess!"
"I made this for the very first time for some friends we had over. When the meal was done I noticed that everything in the bowl was too! My teenage children even liked it. It's 4 days later and I am making it again for just our family for dinner. It was truly a "Taste Of Home" evening: as I served the salad with White Chili and the Pumpkin Angel Food Cake. All three are "Keepers.""
"This is one of my go-to salad recipes. I love the flavour!"
"This is a great salad to serve with a Greek main course. My family enjoyed the flavors."