Tossed Greek Salad
Topped with a lemony dressing, this combination of greens, cucumber, olives and feta cheese is typical of a Greek salad. "I love the flavors," relates Lisa Hooker of Eugene, Oregon.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk the
- dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 87 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium,