Topped with a lemony dressing, this combination of greens, cucumber, olives and feta cheese is typical of a Greek salad. "I love the flavors," relates Lisa Hooker of Eugene, Oregon.
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Greek Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p21
Reviews for Tossed Greek Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review