Tossed Eggplant Salad Recipe
This unusual combination of taste and texture makes a very colorful salad. A dollop of dressing enhances the taste.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and eggplant in oil until tender; add to lettuce mixture.
- 2. In a blender, combine the egg substitute, Dijon mustard, ground mustard, garlic salt, basil and oregano; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; stir in vinegar. Serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (2/3 cup dressing).
1-1/4 cups salad with about 1 tablespoon dressing equals 215 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC