Tossed Cranberry Salad Recipe
Dinner guests rave about this salad's poppy seed dressing.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender, combine the sugar, oil, onion, vinegar, cranberry sauce, salt and mustard; cover and process until blended. Add poppy seeds; cover and pulse for 5-10 seconds. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC