Tossed Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing or reduced-fat salad dressing of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.