My mom came up with the recipe for this delicious chicken salad. It's great as a side dish or as a meal.—Gabriela Cappelli, Rock Springs, Wyoming
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing or reduced-fat salad dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Chicken Salad in Country Woman September/October 2003, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tossed Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review