Tossed Broccoli Salad Recipe
I first learned about this salad when a relative of mine made it. I liked it so much that I asked for the recipe. I modified it a little by adding the bacon to it. It's a delicious salad, and the sauce really enhances the flavor!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, cheese and onion. In a separate bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Toss with broccoli mixture. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 333 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC