- 3 flour tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a 6-qt. stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese if desired and tortilla strips. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tortilla-Vegetable Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"This was a really good tortilla soup. I served it with grilled cheese sandwiches for a quick and easy dinner."
"This was a good soup as written, but I found it a tad bland. I added some salt, more garlic, and some lime juice to pep it up a bit."
"My husband and I love soups. This was delicious and so quick. This is a keeper :-)"
"Delicious! I'm fairly picky, but will make again. I left out the tortillas and the chicken drippings. I was getting tired of white chicken chili and this was a nice change using both beef AND chicken broth."
"Added a dash of chili powder and a little less cumin to an otherwise outstanding recipe. Don't overlook the tortillas. The crunchy taste was a terrific complement to the soup. Try giving them a very light coating of cooking spray with a dusting of chili powder or any other flavor before baking. Oh Yeah!"