- Meanwhile, skim fat from drippings. In a Dutch oven, saute the
- celery, carrot and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken
- broth, black beans, beef broth, tomatoes, chicken, corn, seasonings
- and drippings if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese if desired and tortilla strips. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cups (calculated without chicken drippings and cheese) equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,386 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein.