“As my kids learned how to cook, this was always one of their favorite lunches to fix," says Leslie Heath in Salt Lake City, Utah. "We all love the creamy blend of flavors. The original recipe came from my husband, but I tweaked it a bit to make it even easier.”
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 pound sliced deli smoked turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and pesto until blended. Spread about 2 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer with lettuce, turkey, tomato, olives and cheese; roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tortilla Turkey Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p35
Reviews for Tortilla Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2008
"Delicious blend of flavors! I used regular turkey breast instead of smoked...it still tasted great."
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2008
"sounds delicious, and healthy."