Tortilla Snack Strips
"These crispy, zippy strips are a super homemade alternative to commercial snack chips," writes Karen Riordan from her home in Fern Creek, Kentucky.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Brush butter over one side of each tortilla. Combine the seasonings;
- lightly sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon over each tortilla. Make two stacks of
- tortillas, with three in each stack. Using a serrated knife, cut
- each stack into nine thin strips.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: Two strips (prepared with onion powder, reduced-fat margarine and fat-free tortillas) equals 88 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.