I’m asked to make this recipe at least once a month during the winter, especially for birthday dinners. My guests like it with braised asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.
Recommended: 39 Ways to Make Meat Loaf
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 slices day-old white bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup each chopped green pepper, onion and celery
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Place bread in an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa, tortilla chips, green pepper, onion, celery, jalapeno, garlic, pepper, Italian seasoning and seasoned salt. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Pat into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Invert meat loaf onto a serving platter; discard bread. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tortilla-Salsa Meat Loaf in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p31
Reviews forTortilla-Salsa Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2009
"I made more mixture than would fit in my pan, so I added a bit more tortilla chips to mixture and made burgers the next day. really good."