"My husband and I especially like this delicious layered entree because it's lighter tasting than some of the traditional lasagnas made with pasta," says Lisa King of Caledonia, Michigan. "Even our two young daughters enjoy the pleasantly mild flavor."
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian or Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat sauce, one tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tortilla Pie in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p13
Reviews for Tortilla Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review