Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
“I found a similar recipe on-line and when I finished adjusting it, this was the result," notes Lynn Smith of Warrensburg, Missouri. "It was an instant hit with my family! They love spicy food, and this simple lasagna has become a new favorite.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and chili powder. In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Arrange five tortillas, overlapping, in the bottom of prepared dish; spread with 1/2 cup salsa. Layer with half of the meat mixture, onion and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC