Tortilla Fruit Pie Recipe
Here's a fun no-fuss way to fix dessert for one. Simply cook fresh peach slices with lemon juice, brown sugar and almond extract and bake inside a folded flour tortilla. It's sure to sweeten any meal. The recipe was submitted by Ann Sobotka of Glendale, Arizona.
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt 2 teaspoons butter. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and extract. Add peach slices. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon peach mixture onto half of tortilla to within 1/2 in. of sides; fold tortilla over. Melt remaining butter; brush over the top. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut in half. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 429 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Tortilla Fruit Pie
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2013
"This was an interesting recipe.Like it because I can use different ingredients to mix it up."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC