Here's a fun no-fuss way to fix dessert for one. Simply cook fresh peach slices with lemon juice, brown sugar and almond extract and bake inside a folded flour tortilla. It's sure to sweeten any meal. The recipe was submitted by Ann Sobotka of Glendale, Arizona.
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 flour tortilla (10 inches)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 teaspoons butter. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and extract. Add peach slices. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon peach mixture onto half of tortilla to within 1/2 in. of sides; fold tortilla over. Melt remaining butter; brush over the top. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut in half. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Tortilla Fruit Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p10
Reviews for Tortilla Fruit Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review