- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute corn tortilla strips in oil in batches for 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn tortilla strips, flour tortilla strips, stuffing, onion, red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, sage, coriander, cumin and salt. Stir in egg and broth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 9 cups.
Originally published as Tortilla Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p127
Reviews for Tortilla Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2016
"I was looking for a alternative to rice and beans as a Mexican side and this fit the bill! It was quite delicious and will be adding to my rotation."