Diabetics and dessert lovers alike are "wowed" by these creamy treats. Says Susan Miller of Wakeman, Ohio, "After finding out my mother had diabetes, I went on a search for good recipes like this. These bites taste so yummy, no one will ever guess they're low in anything!"
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Turn tortillas over; repeat on the other side. Cut each tortilla into four wedges.
- For each dessert cup, place round edge of one tortilla wedge in the bottom of a muffin cup, shaping sides to fit cup. Place a second tortilla wedge in muffin cup, allowing bottom and sides to overlap. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Cool completely in pan.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Beat in cream cheese on low until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove cups from pan. Pipe or spoon about 3 tablespoons filling into each cup. Drizzle or pipe with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Tortilla Dessert Cups in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p22
Reviews for Tortilla Dessert Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review