Tortilla Chicken Bean Soup Recipe
Tasty toppings jazz up this no-fuss soup that has Mexican flair. The recipe for this sure-to-please soup was given to me by a friend. I make it often for company, and everyone asks for the recipe. You can substitute pinto beans in red chili sauce for the regular pinto beans and cumin called for in the recipe. —Michelle Larson, Greentown, Indiana
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 193 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC