Tortilla Chicken Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 193 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Tortilla Chicken Bean Soup
"Very good and easy. I added more salsa and a little garlic salt for extra flavor, but otherwise it was really good."
"Easy and delicious! To keep it gluten-free, instead of adding canned soup, add 1/4 cup uncooked rice and extra water— it turned out great. (Just needs extra cooking time until rice is done—20-30 min). I also seasoned with a taco seasoning packet."
"The whole family Loved this dish, so easy to make and goes great with corn bread."
"My family really enjoyed this soup. It was extremely easy to make and very tasty!"
"This is my favorite tortilla soup recipe. Uses canned and frozen ingredients but it tastes fresh!"
"Very good and I will make it over and over again"