Tasty toppings jazz up this no-fuss soup that has Mexican flair. The recipe for this sure-to-please soup was given to me by a friend. I make it often for company, and everyone asks for the recipe. You can substitute pinto beans in red chili sauce for the regular pinto beans and cumin called for in the recipe. —Michelle Larson, Greentown, Indiana
Featured In: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tortilla Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006 , p29
Reviews for Tortilla Chicken Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2015
"Very good and easy. I added more salsa and a little garlic salt for extra flavor, but otherwise it was really good."