- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Tortilla Chicken Bean Soup
"Very good and easy. I added more salsa and a little garlic salt for extra flavor, but otherwise it was really good."
"I liked the soup but my honey RAVED about it. It freezes fabulously, and is hearty, and filling. I have even thawed some out and added left-over taco meat, spanish rice left-overs, and a bit more corn and beans to use up what I had, and stretch the soup even further."
"Easy and delicious! To keep it gluten-free, instead of adding canned soup, add 1/4 cup uncooked rice and extra water— it turned out great. (Just needs extra cooking time until rice is done—20-30 min). I also seasoned with a taco seasoning packet."
"The whole family Loved this dish, so easy to make and goes great with corn bread."
"This is my favorite tortilla soup. Great with sour cream and we like to serve toquitoes as a side. It's super quick!"
"We love cilantro so I just chopped 1 Tbsp and sprinkled it over the top when serving the soup. So pretty. Put a little low fat sour cream on the side for those who enjoy it. I got raves. Thanks for sharing this quick, easy and delish recipe! It's a keeper!cea"
"So quick and easy! I put the ingredients in the crocpot, and it was delicious! I substituted taco seasoning for the cumin. So easy and quick to prepare! I will be making this again soon!"
"My family really enjoyed this soup. It was extremely easy to make and very tasty!"