Tortilla Casserole Recipe
"This dish combines most of the food groups into a satisfying meal," writes Joy Clark from Evansville, Wyoming.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Crumble meat into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, tomato paste, olives, water and chili powder. Cover and cook at 50% power for 10 minutes or until thickened, rotating dish once.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream and pepper. Place two tortillas in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Layer with half of the sour cream mixture and meat sauce; repeat. Top with corn chips and cheese.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tortilla Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC