With pork instead of ground beef and tortillas in place of buns, these Southwestern-style burgers stand out from all others.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Salsa, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble pork
- over seasonings and mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on tortillas with salsa,
- sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.