With pork instead of ground beef and tortillas in place of buns, these Southwestern-style burgers stand out from all others.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Salsa, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble pork over seasonings and mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on tortillas with salsa, sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tortilla Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p206
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortilla Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review