- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Salsa, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble pork over seasonings and mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on tortillas with salsa, sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tortilla Burgers
Sort By :
This recipe was very good when I prepared it as is. Then I mixed half pork and half ground chuck and it was still excellent! For a little extra "kick" I used shredded pepper-jack cheese, and topped with some shredded lettuce and tomato.