Tortilla Beef Casserole Recipe
When I first started making this casserole, I wrapped up the tortillas like enchiladas, but this way is much easier and just as good. I've also make it with ground turkey instead of beef.—Janice Wedemeyer, Holland, Michigan
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, tomatoes, chopped lettuce, ripe olives, onions and/or additional picante sauce, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain broth from soup, reserving rice mixture (discard broth or refrigerate for another use). Stir rice mixture and picante sauce into beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place four tortillas on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the beef mixture. Combine cheeses; sprinkle half over the beef. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, onions and/or picante sauce if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 453 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,252 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC