Tortilla Beef Bake
"My family loves Mexican food, so I came up with this simple satisfying casserole that gets its spark from salsa," comments Kim Osburn of Ligonier, Indiana. "We like it so much that there are rarely leftovers."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in soup. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups tortilla chips in a greased
- shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, salsa and
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chips. Bake 3 minutes longer or until
- chips are lightly toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,083 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.