Tortilla Beef Bake Recipe
"My family loves Mexican food, so I came up with this simple satisfying casserole that gets its spark from salsa," comments Kim Osburn of Ligonier, Indiana. "We like it so much that there are rarely leftovers."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups tortilla chips in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, salsa and cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining chips. Bake 3 minutes longer or until chips are lightly toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,083 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC