- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups tortilla chips in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture, salsa and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining chips. Bake 3 minutes longer or until chips are lightly toasted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tortilla Beef Bake
"Similar to the other reviews, we added refried black beans and frozen corn to the meat mixture (less than 1 lb of meat, which we also seasoned with chipotle seasoning). Also, instead of salsa, we used green chile enchilada sauce. This would make a great dip to serve at parties, too!"
"Made this for supper and added a can of rinsed/drained whole kernel sweet corn. Next time, will also add a can of rinsed/drained black beans and reduce the meat to 1 pound. Has a very nice flavor & is hard to stop eating!"
"Very easy and pretty good-I would add sour cream to the top also."
"I USUALLY ADD A LAYER OF HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS IN THIS casserole AND TOP IT OFF WITH A LAYER OF SOUR CREAM. EASY AND DELICIOUS FOR UNEXPECTED COMPANY.....WITH NO LEFT OVERS. SIGNED, JANCI HARRIS---MURRIETA,"