Tortellini with Tomato-Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, spinach, basil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini with Tomato-Cream Sauce(49)
Sort By :
Fantastic! To make this a little more kid friendly I blended the onion, garlic, and tomatoes after sautéing them. The sauce still turned out well. The kids and we parents really enjoyed this yummy pasta dish.
LOVED this! Tasted like something you'd get from Olive Garden. I did not use onion or fresh garlic. Instead I used garlic powder and I think this shortened the cooking time. Will definitely make again!
My entire family loved this...which is sometimes hard to say.
My whole family enjoyed this dish! I used unsweetened almond milk instead of cream and added mushrooms instead of spinach (didn't have spinach on hand) and it was gone fast!
Excellent as written! Was gobbled down by party of 7 in no time! Did use fresh spinach instead of frozen...always have it on hand. the additions could be endless too(sundried tomatoes would be nice), but like I said excellent as written!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >