- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in the ricotta cheese, salmon, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt.
- Drain tortellini; add to ricotta sauce. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tortellini with Salmon-Ricotta Sauce
Sort By :
I have made this recipe several times and it is always my go-to when I have left-over ricotta from another recipe. I usually saute asparagus with the onions and garlic to add a vegetable to the dish and make it more of a one-pot-meal.
quick, healthy, & delicious. This recipe is a definite winner. I didn't have a fresh lemon so I just used lemon juice without the lemon peel. I also used a 6oz package of salmon because thats all I had around.
I substituted cream cheese and more mozzarella for the ricotta and it was really delicious!
This recipe is excellent and a keeper, for sure. The only problem is my third son is deathly allergic to seafood so it will NOT be served when he is home. Other than that, we love it.
I wasn't too impressed with the flavors in this recipe. I feel like I wasted the salmon that I used. It was my mistake by over cooking the tortellini noodles but the sauce in this recipe tasted too lemony and was lacking in other flavors. I was hoping this would be much better.