Tortellini with Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Looking to add a dash of Christmas color to your appetizer mix? This unique, warm and savory treat sent in by Milford, New Hampshire’s Michelle Boucher is sure to be a hit with any hungry holiday crowd!
TASTY TIP: To accent a festive holiday occasion, use green spinach tortellini for this hors d’oeuvre and serve with fancy, frilled party picks!
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut into strips
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, place
- red peppers and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until
- combined. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper; cover and
- process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Drain tortellini; toss with oil. Serve with zucchini strips and red
- pepper dip. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 14 tortellini and 4 zucchini strips with 4-1/2 teaspoons dip equals 142 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.