- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; stir in herbs, lemon peel and lemon juice. Drain tortellini; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in cheeses and asparagus mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortellini with Asparagus & Lemon
"I added chopped left over boiled shrimp which mixed beautifully with the other flavors. Easy recipe with excellent taste."
"I was looking for something different than a traditional tomato based pasta and sauce and this certainly was a hit. I added chicken, as has been suggested. I would love to have made it with asparagus, but not having any on hand, tried broccoli instead. I found it to be a good substitution."
"Very tasty dish. Light but flavorful. I put some extra feta in it. Served it with some grilled chicken apple sausage on the side."
"Made this tonight for dinner. It is so flavorful. I fixed grilled chicken strips to go with it as hubby likes meat with his meal. Will definitely make again."