This is a terrific warm-weather dish, loaded with fresh flavors. I make mine meatless, but some sliced grilled chicken on top would be awesome, too. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; stir in herbs, lemon peel and lemon juice. Drain tortellini; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in cheeses and asparagus mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini with Asparagus & Lemon in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortellini with Asparagus & Lemon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review