Tortellini Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 cup each frozen corn, sliced carrots and cut green beans
- 1 cup diced uncooked potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen beef or cheese tortellini
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the onion and celery in oil. Add the broth, corn, carrots, beans, potatoes, basil, thyme and chives; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and tortellini. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until tortellini is heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tortellini Vegetable Soup(6)
Sort By :
Delicious soup. I used fresh carrots and sauted them with the celery and onions. This will be a go-to weeknight soup recipe for me ... so quick and delicious!
My husband, who is always complaining that things need "more flavor", said this was "the best soup he has ever put into his mouth." I will definitely be making this again!
Making this again for the second time.
Soooo good! I will half the recipe this time, but I froze leftovers the first time and it reheated well.
Delicious! It was a surprising delight. :)
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup Recipes >