Tortellini Tossed Salad
Fast, satisfying and delicious, this hearty salad with cheese tortellini will surprise and delight the whole family. For a change of pace, serve it with your favorite salad dressing. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve Italian blend salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to
- paper towels to drain. Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, cheese, onion, tortellini
- and pancetta. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 431 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.