Tortellini Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve Italian blend salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, cheese, onion, tortellini and pancetta. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups equals 431 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.