Tortellini Toss Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas or vegetable of choice, partially thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add meat and seasonings; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add vegetables; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain tortellini. Add to meat mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 428 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Tortellini Toss
"Absolutely fabulous! We used fresh sugar snap peas and omitted the parm cheese (by accident) and it was so incredibly tasty!"
"Delicious! I used frozen cut green beans, omitted the onion & Parmesan cheese, & used regular pepper instead of lemon pepper. So good."
"Great dish - quick and easy to make! My family loved it and we will definitely have it again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.