Tortellini Toss Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas or vegetable of choice, partially thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add meat and seasonings; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add vegetables; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain tortellini. Add to meat mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 428 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Tortellini Toss
"Absolutely fabulous! We used fresh sugar snap peas and omitted the parm cheese (by accident) and it was so incredibly tasty!"
"Delicious! I used frozen cut green beans, omitted the onion & Parmesan cheese, & used regular pepper instead of lemon pepper. So good."
"Great dish - quick and easy to make! My family loved it and we will definitely have it again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.