Basil, marjoram and Parmesan cheese nicely season this satisfying main dish from Polly Lynam of Mequon, Wisconsin. "I saute the meat while the pasta is cooking, so it takes just minutes to make," she says. "My family likes it with tender strips of pork, but chicken is an easy alternative."
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas or vegetable of choice, partially thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add meat and seasonings; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add vegetables; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain tortellini. Add to meat mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Toss in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tortellini Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review