Tortellini Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound brick cheese, cubed
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in 1/4 cup butter until mushrooms are tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, combine milk and remaining butter. Bring to a gentle boil; stir in brick cheese until smooth. Drain tortellini; place in a large bowl. Stir in mushroom mixture and spinach. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Tortellini Spinach Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.