This rich and spicy soup brings a little Italian flair to your table. It's a nice recipe I invented after trying a similar version in a local restaurant.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) pork Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup refrigerated tortellini
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown sausage; drain and cut into bite-size
- pieces. Return to pan; stir in the next nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add
- tortellini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes or until pasta is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8
- servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.