Tortellini Soup Recipe
This rich and spicy soup brings a little Italian flair to your table. It's a nice recipe I invented after trying a similar version in a local restaurant.
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) pork breakfast sausage links
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup refrigerated tortellini
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown sausage; drain and cut into bite-size pieces. Return to pan; stir in the next nine ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add tortellini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 117 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC