"I like to top bowls of this tasty soup with a little grated Parmesan cheese...and serve it with crusty bread to round out the meal," notes Donna Morgan, Hend Tennessee.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the
- broth. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or
- until tender. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 242 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,181 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.