Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini Soup(13)
Sort By :
This soup was really very good. I used one bag of fresh baby spinach, stems removed & a larger pkg of tortellini. It had lots of flavor & very easy to make. The review below of one star should be removed as it is not a review but an opinion about sodium. Some people ave no issues with sodium & for them it is not a concern. This person doesn't have to make this recipe.
I made as written, with the addition of shredded boneless, skinless chicken. It was tasty, but I didn't think it was a winner. Just not outstanding flavorwise. My inlaws, who are both diabetic, did appreciate the recipe concept though.
How can this soup possibly rate a five star when it contains nearly 1200 mg sodium. . .that's almost as much as a person should have covered over the entire day's food intake. OMG. . .I'd be in big trouble taking in this much sodium in only one serving.
I have a recipe very similar. Try adding an 8 oz. block cream cheese cut into really small pieces, it melts better. I add everything at the start of the recipe and cook on low. It's so good.
I added one small zucchini
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >