This soup is delicious, pretty and unbelievably fast to make. For a creamy variation, I sometimes substitute cream of mushroom soup for the French onion soup. If there are any leftovers, they taste even better the next day. - Marsha Farley, Bangor, Maine
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook,
- uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Alongside Tortellini Soup, serve refrigerated crescent rolls. Before baking, sprinkle the dough with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.