- 2 packages (7 ounces each) pork breakfast sausage links
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup refrigerated tortellini
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown sausage; drain and cut into bite-size pieces. Return to pan; stir in the next nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add tortellini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"quick easy used up some leftover tortellini from the freezer"
"This recipe was excellent. I ended up doubling the recipe but didn't have enough stewed tomatoes. I added a can of tomato soup instead as well as some beef bullion cubes. Excellent! I will definitely make this again!"
"This soup is absolutely delicious and so very easy. A very warm soup for winter time dinners."
"Awesome, I substitued pork sauage instead of the breakfast sauage, and was wonderful, will make again"