I invented this dish for my kids when were young using all the things they like—sausage, mushrooms, onions, green pepper and pasta. It's still a favorite with them today.—Nelson Wandrey, Paulden, Arizona
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese or spinach tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. water to a boil. Add the tortellini, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cook according to package directions until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain tortellini; add to the sausage mixture. Stir in Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Sausage Alfredo in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p43
Reviews for Tortellini Sausage Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review