- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese or spinach tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. water to a boil. Add the tortellini, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cook according to package directions until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain tortellini; add to the sausage mixture. Stir in Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini Sausage Alfredo
Sort By :
Sorry everyone. My computer was acting up ... does that on this site ... don't ask me why. Site didn't let on my review had been posted and then I tried again ... thinking it was me.... but in the mean time, it had posted .... and I kept on trying. Oh well. It's minor in the grand scheme of things. I would edit ... but capability does not seem to exist.
Major oooopsy. I made the recipe using my copy in my cookbook. It states 1/4 cup Parmesan. My daughter made it using the recipe from this site. Her comment was "Way too much Parmesan.". Now we know why.
Major ooooopsy. It should be 1/4 cup (NOT 1 1/4 cups) Parmesan cheese. I made the recipe following the version in my cookbook. My daughter made it following the recipe at this website. Her comment..... way too much Parmesan cheese. Now we know why. Hopefully you will correct this.
Major ooooopsy. It should read 1/4 cup (NOT 1 1/4 cups) Parmesan cheese. Image the recipe following my cookbook version. My daughter made it using the recipe at this website. Her comment ..."Way too much Parnesan". Now we know why. Hopefully you will correct your error ...not expecting that you will, however.
Major ooooopsy. It should be 1/4 cup (NOT 1 1/4 cups) Parmesan cheese. I made the recipe following my cookbook. My daughter made it following the recipe at this website. Her comment..... way too much Parmesan cheese. Now we know why. Hopefully you will correct this.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >