Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup julienned pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine tortellini with all of the remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1.5 cup) equals 331 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Tortellini Salad
"What an unexpected combination---romaine and tortellini! A beautiful salad for guests or family, with the soft tortellini and crunchy croutons simply a great pairing. The tomatoes add brightness . Love the dressing too. We will enjoy the salad many times this summer, in fact most likely all year long. A great make ahead salad that can be tossed together when you arrive home from a busy day."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.