Tortellini Salad Recipe
Here’s a great meatless recipe with real Mediterranean flair that’s hearty enough to qualify as an entrée. Laced with a tart vinaigrette dressing and bursting with strips of sweet pepper, onion and zucchini, it’s also colorful enough to serve as a pretty side dish. Thanks to subscriber Stacey Mofle in Universal City, Texas for this tasty dish!
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1-1/2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups julienned yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion, halved
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the squash mixture, red pepper and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tortellini Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Italian Pasta Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Salad Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >