Tortellini Primavera Recipe
“This pared-down dish was a family favorite when my teens were still home,” recalls Tina Green in Albany, Oregon. “I could stretch it with noodles and veggies for last-minute guests. It's so tasty and easy to whip up.”
- 1 cup frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto, divided
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet yellow pepper, green pepper and sweet onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 4-1/2 teaspoons oil and 4-1/2 teaspoons pesto. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature while cooking the vegetables.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, peppers, onion, carrot, peas, broccoli, garlic powder, salt and pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Drain tortellini and return to the saucepan; add vegetable mixture.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook and stir the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir in the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, water and remaining pesto; simmer for 2 minutes. Add tortellini mixture; toss. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 474 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Tortellini Primavera
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC