- 2 cartons (32 ounces each ) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add carrots, tortellini, peas and pepper; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 7-9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Top servings with basil.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini Primavera Soup
"I submitted this recipe, and it is supposed to be made with shredded carrots, not julienned. I have never had a problem with the carrots being undercooked using shredded."
"This was easy but was not a hit. I think the carrots needed longer to cook as they were still hard and crunchy and the tortellini was almost overdone. I would add the carrots a few minutes before the tortellini if I were going to make it again."