Tortellini Nibblers Recipe
Looking for a unique appetizer idea? Try Stephanie Krienitz's creative combination. The Plainfield, Illinois cook pairs cheese tortellini with a cool, creamy Parmesan sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1. In a blender, cover and process milk and milk powder until blended. Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Serve with Parmesan sauce for dipping. Yield: 20 appetizer servings.
4 each: 49 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Tortellini Nibblers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC