Tortellini Nibblers Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1. In a blender, cover and process milk and milk powder until blended. Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Serve with Parmesan sauce for dipping. Yield: 20 appetizer servings.
One serving (4 tortellini with 2 tablespoons of sauce) equals 49 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Tortellini Nibblers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.