Tortellini Nibblers Recipe
Looking for a unique appetizer idea? Try Stephanie Krienitz's creative combination. The Plainfield, Illinois cook pairs cheese tortellini with a cool, creamy Parmesan sauce for dipping.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a blender, cover and process milk and milk powder until blended. Add the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Serve with Parmesan sauce for dipping. Yield: 20 appetizer servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Nibblers in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tortellini Nibblers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cottage Cheese Dip >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >